The most common question asked is how to take pictures of northern lights using your mobile phone.
We made a small but comprehensive guide on how to do it.
In our example, we'll use a basic Android Phone and an iPhone 8 Plus.
- Mini tripod -OR- a regular size tripod
- Phone holder for the tripod
- Bluetooth remote shutter.You can use also timer shutter, but we recommend the bluetooth remote shutter becauseyou can keep your hands in your pocket ❄️🥶
We gathered some options here from amazon.com:
Bluetooth remote shutter.
Regular size tripod.
Mobile holder for tripod.
1. Connect the bluetooth remote shutter to your mobile phone
2. Find your camera settings and set the ISO setting to 600 - 1600.
3. Adjust the shutter speed to 1-10 seconds.
4. Place the tripod on a steady surface and make sure that it does not shake.
Place the mini tripod on the ground.
Place the tripod on the ground.
5. Press the bluetooth remote shutter and wait.
Note that these are unedited images!